W H O W E A R E
Daniel 1:8 Ministries (D1:8) is a Not-for-profit Christian organization with the aim of mentoring children to be Godly and excellent in every sphere of life. It is a Ghana-based Ministry/organization and located in Sunyani the capital city of the Brong Ahafo Region.
Though based in Ghana, our spiritual and physical connection transcend Ghana and we are eternally grateful for our donors, prayer partners and well wishers both home and abroad.
We are a child-loving ministry with strong focus towards young people. Our faith believes that with the right love, coaching and mentoring, children and young people can make sound choices and build for themselves a better future.
Our children and management believe strongly that the fear, knowledge and love of God is the beginning of wisdom hence the resounding response “young but wise” anytime D1:8 is chanted.
W H A T W E D O
At Daniel 1:8 Ministries we provide our children with the environment they need to receive sound guidance and mentorship.
There are weekly chapter meetings in multiple regions as well as annual programs and events that take place all through the year at the ministry. This site has many images from these activities. It is here that our young ones engage in relationships with our leaders that help to change their lives. Some of the programs include:
- Weekly chapter meeting |At our chapter meetings our members engage in Bible studies, social talks, life coaching, academic curricula support, recreation etc
- Discipleship |Our members, especially new ones are taken through 12 weeks of discipleship classes using the Operation Christmas Child (Samaritan Purse) lessons after which they are graduate and given Bibles and certificate of honor and participation. As part of this program, participating children are given gift boxes from the Operation Christmas Child project.
- Outreaches |This is instill in our members the attitude of looking beyond themselves and reaching out to other young ones as well especially with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Members are taking onto the streets and selected communities to reach out and impact the lives of other young ones not only with the Gospel but also donated items like clothings, some school supplies etc given to our ministry by kind donors around the globe. Also through our outreach events we are able to invite other young people to join our weekly chapter meetings and other events.
- Workshops and Summits |Our Personality Development Workshop has had 2 editions already since the inception of D1:8 in 2017 and every year our children leave the workshop hungry for the next edition. At our workshops, well vested resource persons give audience appropriate lectures to our students and put them into groups to have peer-to-peer discussions on topical issues. There is also an all-girls/all-boys summit that we will hold in the first quarter of 2019. This is needed for D1:8 to focus on gender specific issues that would be not be appropriate to discuss in homogeneous groupings.
- Vocational training |We are excited to be opening our Children’s Christian Resource and Training Home in Nsuta, where young people can be trained in several vocational skills to offer some disadvantaged youngsters an opportunity for a better future. Our focus is on deprived communities, school dropouts, single mothers, and street kids.